Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jordan: Our all time favorite.

I feel like a portion of this blog needs to be dedicated to Jordan Knight. And that it should be expressed how much I love him. I love him A LOT.

Jordan was always my favorite. And Ange's too. She had his doll, which I eventually inherited. It is now in a bag with two barbies, in a box packed away safely in my mom's basement. And the Jordan doll still has the little braided pony tail at the back. I remember once Angela freaking out because she thought he had it cut off. She watched and rewound a video for hours. I'm still laughing at the image of Angela sitting cross legged on the floor inches away from the tv screen while my Dad tried to reason with her, telling her it was probably in his shirt. She loved Jordan Knight.

So, while we were shopping the day before the big NKOTB concert (which I should add, I didn't really want to go to, but Ange pointed out if I didn't, when time came I'd be mad I wasn't there. This is where she'll point she was right). We had been to a Dolly Parton concert a few days before and Angela was hoping to find her biography at Chapters in the West Edmonton Mall. So, there's Ange and I searching out this book, and I realized this was a lost hope, they didn't have Reba's, so they wouldn't have Dolly's.

As I turned around in the aisle and started my way back, the hottest guy was standing right there, and before I could even find words to describe the beauty before me, I grabbed Ange's arm and yanked her around. When I knew she had seen that too, the only thing I could find to say, was "Did you just see that". She responded with the same shock "Uh huh". For the next few minutes we lurked around the book store for another sighting.

Then I ran and told mom "we just saw Jordan Knight".

I don't think she believed me, she figured I was just joking. But when Ange confirmed, we all stood at the entrance discussing what we should do. Ange was just going to leave. Give him his space and privacy, you know, not create a scene. I told her she HAD to at least talk to him and I had my camera in my purse. So, while mom and I stood back, she walked over to the man of her adolescent dreams. She said we were fans, and we'd be at the show, then he asked who she was going with as Mom and I approached. He said "Hi" and I said "I have your doll", he shook my hand and kinda looked at me like I must be on day pass from the group home. Ange continued to interview him like she was back in the days of radio. They talked about whether his family travelled with him and their next stop. His bodyguards came over to him at this point and handed him a Starbucks coffee. He thanked them and then told us to have a great time, and that they always do.

As we turned, we left the store in a euphoric state. Once out of the store we stopped to regroup, and of course grab the cell phone to inform everyone we know of what just happened. He bought Ted Turner's biography, Call Me Ted. All we left with was a youthful dream fulfilled and the angst that we had no proof.

1 comment:

Ange and Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.