Monday, February 23, 2009

D.B. + J.H. = True Love Forever

Angela and I were fortunate enough to receive tickets to the Brad Paisley concert in Regina last week. We've both seen Brad and his opening act Dierks Bentley, but not from the fifth row and not for free, so we were excited.

Dierks took the stage after Crystal Shawanda a shameless hair dancer. He looked great. Ange and I stood pretty much the whole concert. We danced and sang a little too. Dierks put on a great show. And I fell in love.

During "Every Mile A Memory", Dierks looked directly at me. I had been singing and pointing. He pointed at me, and we locked eyes. He had the most beautiful blue eyes ever.

We continued singing together "From some old movie going back in time you and me, Every day, a page turned down; every night, a lonesome sound".

Then he slowly moved across the stage and away from me as my heart broke. I turned to my camera and then to Ange to see if either had witnessed what had just happened. I needed to know I wasn't crazy.

I totally eye f@#$%d Deirks Bently. Ange was there. It really happened.

That was my "Jordan Knight moment".

No comments: