Sunday, April 12, 2009

Screaming Women May Cause Hearing Loss

This being our second reunited New Kids concert, we were prepared for lots of screaming women, but really, Saskatoon was SO LOUD. Way louder than the Edmonton show last November. I guess Saskatchewan girls have good lungs.

Our seats were pretty good - Section D, row 1. Basically we were right across from row 25, but on a higher level. We have no videos because Mr. Security Man made a girl behind us delete her videos from her camera. So, we have just photos.

Anyway, opening act was Jabbawockeez, a dance troup. I mainly enjoyed their rendition of Beyonce's "Single Ladies", and the retro-80's songs sung by the likes of Bell Biv Devoe. Jen enjoyed the intermission. (Check out the lady in the pink tights. They were not that pink in person, trust me.)


They didn't open with "Single" like they did in Edmonton. I liked that opening better. But really, that's like saying I prefer full fat cheesecake over light cheesecake - I really love them both.




Me! With them! (Sigh...) Jonathan (I sometimes wondered if he would have rather been sitting in the audience than onstage...)
Donnie (gave lots of love to Saskatoon...and had maple leaf boxers)
Jordan (also had maple leaf boxers...and is just entirely too gorgeous for any kind of description I can come up with)
Danny and Joe
B Stage - "lalalalalala Tonight ... " This was different from their Edmonton show. At that one, the B stage didn't go up and down. Of course they walked back to the main stage on the opposite side of us!




The Money Shot ... so dreamy.
Homeboy
I'll Be Loving You (Forever)

The "Click Click Click" pose off took 3 attempts, with Jordan declared the winner!



Classic New Kids microphone pose: Alas, all good things must come to an end. Donnie is putting on a Saskatchewan Roughriders hat in the second photo!



This isn't the end of my New Kids day. But my husband and dog are feeling neglected, so coming up tomorrow: Bus Stalking 101.

No comments: