Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Jennifer Moment

For as much as Jennifer and I have in common (hair color, musical tastes, sense of humor, among others), there are several areas in life where we are MUCH different. One of those ways is in gracefulness. Now, I am not exactly a classically trained dancer or anything, but I have never hit my head on a popcorn bowl, requiring stitches. Nor have I ever fallen off a chair for no reason. (Both examples are from Jen's early years). And lately, she seems to do a lot of falling down, requiring her to remove her muddy pants. (See earlier posts for that story.)

But yesterday, it was MY turn to have a Jennifer clutzy-moment. Now, I don't know if it was the raspberry margarita, or the landscape rocks that were on the sidewalk in front of Earls during happy hour on a Friday...but whatever the case, I tripped in a BIG way...in front of ALL THE PEOPLE AT EARLS PATIO ON A FRIDAY DURING HAPPY HOUR. I even had an elderly lady roll down her car window and ask if I was okay!

I cut my right hand, scraped by left knee, but was mostly concerned about crushing my glasses which were in my hand as I fell! (I was putting on my prescription sunglasses just moments before, so vision was not my problem.) Anyway, I am fine, my glasses are fine, and Grant helped me up, but my ego took a big bruising!

No comments: