Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm turning into my Mother...

and someone likes it!

I get worried that I'm turning into my parents, and although I love them, like everyone, they too have less than admirable qualities.

But in this blog, I'm not worried about becoming a slob or having nagging tendencies. I'm not worried at all, actually.

My mom leaves notes for us. And this is a habit, I never realize I picked up. I truthfully never realized that every family doesn't do this!!

I started leaving notes at work for my co-workers. Just little things that happened, things that need to happen, or just wishing them a nice day. Well, my co-workers love them thankfully. They even told me they look forward to them.

So, I'm turning into my Mom and I'm not even freaking out.

Now, last week, she left me one that said "I'm at 1691 today" then there was a squiggle, that was a heart signed "Mom" and underneath she said "Try and eat the asparagus".

My grandparents had come to town to take the dog to the farm and grandma misread the note as saying "Mom, try and eat the asaragus". So when I came home, the asparagus was no where to be found. Because my grandparents took it! Then we all had a good laugh. Especially grandma, who offered to replace the asaragus, I didn't really want to eat in the first place!

No comments: