Saturday, August 1, 2009

Craven 2009

Well, it's been quite a few weeks since Craven and neither Angela nor I, have updated our blog. The feeling has returned to my fingers since freezing at Craven and I thought I would share our experience.

Friday: Angela and I drove around for an hour trying to find Mike, Lori and Dwayne. By the time we find them, Angela gets a call and has to go back into town... Yeah, so by the time we get back out to Craven from Regina, we heard the last of the Bellamy Bros. But Kellie Pickler and Taylor Swift made the night worth it. Taylor Swift put on a show that was similar to Reba during the 90's. It wasn't a concert, it was a show. It was also a show in the mud, in freezing cold weather with very cool winds. We tried to stay warm by dancing, but it didn't help.
Angela also got hit on. When he asked her name, she told him her REAL name!! But then lied about where she lived. (The next day we both discussed our alter egos in case anyone asked: Janelle and Amanda)

Saturday: More rain... which makes for more mud! Thank god for $1 ponchos and rubber boots. Joe Diffie, Joe Nichols, and Clint Black were also worth wearing a sleeping bag. Angela and I also wore our matching Dolly tank tops!
This was night that Angela wanted to have baileys and coffee to warm up. So at Lori and Dwayne's camper, we had a drink... and made a new friend. Although, I don't recall his name, he was a teacher/councellor/psychic from Meadow Lake. He asked Lori and Dwayne if I was there daughter (they said No since I'm not, and Lori and I are only 7 years in age difference), then he asked if I was single... (And they said YES... geez don't say that). And knowing I was out of his league, he had to check to see if I was "lonely", to which Dwayne replied "Oh Yeah, and Horny too". Thanks Dwayne.
Some of things he said included: looking at Ange and saying "Oh she's cute too", "Let him go, once you let go, you'll just say WOW" , "Am I right or am I wrong, I'm right" to me, even though he just found out I was single. And trying to say goodnight after an hour conversation of him standing in the door way of the camper, he started up with "I haven't slept yet... I'm 43 and I look better than this guy (Dwayne)". He definitely gave us a laugh!

Sunday: and God said "Let there be warmth on Craven, SK". I had McDonalds on Sunday, but they didn't have ketchup, so Ange went back home and got some, because after six months with no McD's, sh'e want some friggin' ketchup too. Jason Blaine, Jake Owen (my new boyfriend), Billy Ray, and George Strait were all great in their own way. Meaning, I would be embarassed to be Billy Ray and be such a tool. I much prefer Robby Ray Stewart on Hannah Montana. Yeah, I like Hannah Montana.

Overall, Craven was great (although, I don't know if Angela remembers through all the rum she drank). It was the best Craven ever, even though it really wasn't. Angela and I have our tickets for next year, Kenny Chesney and Taco In A Bag...

But one thing is for sure, I will not work at 9 am the Monday morning after Craven.

No comments: