Sunday, December 6, 2009

1985 called. They want their Christmas backdrop back.

I was looking for a picture tonight to go into one of those photo-frame Christmas ornaments. I didn't find anything that would work, but I did find the photo we are now using on this blog to celebrate the holiday season.

I remember this photo. I think it was taken at McLeod's, or some other now extinct department store, gone the way of Woolco and Eatons and Richardsons. Maybe it was a SAAN photo? Either way, that background is totally fake. It's one of those rollout vinyl backdrops that appears in every Christmas family photo in the mid-80's.

Check out those rings! Yup, I thought they were da bomb. One was purple and one was diamond. As in SAAN store diamond. Maybe it was still the Met. That shirt might have come from Stylerite --there was no WalMart in 1985 in Canada. Jen's outfit probably came from the same place. It's too bad her shirt and overalls don't match. It's one of those 'kinda almost matches good enough for this photo' matches; but still not an actual two-piece set. Who cares anyway, because she's probably pooping her pants at the moment.

Check out my hair cut. Or, what passed for a haircut in those days. Judging by the way my bangs have been gnawed off, I am guessing Mom did that herself. But I think that hairband really helps pull the look off.

This is our first professional photo together at the tender age of 7 for me, 7 months for Jen. I'm gonna find the "matching white angel dress" one next!

No comments: