Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cha-Ching

I uplifted my grandma's heart today, what did you do?

I told her about receiving a scholarship from the City of Melfort awarded to me by Cumberland College. She's very proud. It sounded like she was tearing up.

So, while I'm being all mushy and feeling-sy, I have to say I know my Grandma and Grandpa Hill would be proud too.

They think it's hard to win a scholarship though. My little secret, just being me. I wrote a write up about being a banker and wanting to go to school this time and being "passionate" about it and being financially responsible, being a Nipawin Kinette and world wide do-gooder. Then I threw in my transcripts from the exams I write for the classes I don't go to. I'm thinking maybe they didn't have the highest standards! Haha.

Please note: this is all in jest, please don't take away the money!

No comments: