Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grandma's Gems


Not one to disappoint, Grandma's visit was entertaining and enjoyable for her, and for me. She was a bit sad that the spring Farmer's Market doesn't start until next Saturday, but even still, she had a good time.

I did take her and mom to the new Walmart Supercentre. Grandma's first comment was "Holy Sh@t", which may have just been a copy of what mom said. When we got in there she asked me all kinds of questions like "How many people work here?", "Can you imagine what it costs to heat the place?", and of course, "If you got lost out here at night you could get stabbed with a knife."

She also mentioned that when she sees a big store like this she thinks of her mom who didn't have nice things. Growing up in Fort a la Corne on a widower's pension she most certainly did not, which actually makes me appreciate all I have.

As we drove home her comment was, "I'm glad Ange knows where she is driving because I'm shitting nails." I think she meant razor blades, but you get the idea.

But, I think my favorite remark of the weekend was when she was telling me how she is thankful for a warm house, lots of good food, and good kids. But sometimes she crosses off the kids.

Other things she enjoyed immensely: sleeping like a pig, spending her money while she is above ground, the casserole (which was really chili con carne), Cheetos, having Abby and Zeke jump up next to her, having mom grease her up so she's ready for the frying pan (put lotion on her arms and legs), and shopping at London Drugs.

Note to Jennifer: you will be in charge of bringing home head cheese from the next Farmer's Market. You've been warned.

Grant may have felt invaded. We didn't listen to his sign.

No comments: