Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mr. Cranky, Please Let Me Sleep

This morning my Mom got a phone call from Mr. Cranky, our next door neighbour. It was early and she didn't answer. But unfortunately, he lives next door, he can see we're home. So he calls again, and again, Mom doesn't answer. Then, thanks to living in a small town, my grandpa calls. Mr. Cranky has phoned him! So, by 9:45, Mr. Cranky is knocking on our door. He wants me to move my car, which is parked infront of his house, because over Christmas with all the company, there was no where else to park. It's -30, it probably won't start. And, being the genius I am, I was right.


As I'm giving up to go crawl back in to the warm bed I had to vacate to have peace in our house, Mr. Cranky comes over. Apparently, he has called the city. He complained that our street needs to be cleaned and all the other ones have been, so ours should too. I hate to break it to you old timer, our street was first, we live very close to the hospital and get priority. You can see on the sides of the street, the piled up snow. At this point I'm not even sure what the City will do, the street is fine, drive by to please him??.


So, I go into the house and get Mom out of bed too. I had a plan. I always have a plan!! She was pleased when I told her "We're gonna push". And that's what we did, while people across the street sat in their SUV and watched. I wanted to give them the finger, stupid a$$ holes. Sit there and watch. So with alot of effort and a few jokes we pushed my car infront of Mom's house because really that makes all difference.


Now it's 10:30am, I have frostbite, I am bitchy and can't get back to sleep.

No comments: