Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Families are neat. And normal-sized.

Yes, as Jen said, celebrities seem much smaller in real life. However, families are much more normal in size. Of course, no family is really normal. Just looking at my own tonight has made me realize this.

Take mine for example. My grandparents pretty much raised me, along with my parents, til I was five and they got married. Then my crazy siblings came along. I thought it was normal to be 7 and 11 years older than your sister and brother. I am just as close in age to most of my aunts. That's all fine and good until I got married. Now you add in-laws, whom I love dearly. Through that extended family, I got a father-in-law, brother-in-law, step-mom-in-law, and all her family too. Shout out to Jaime - who I learned is a faithful blog reader too! Yay! We went to high school together, and now I get to call her a step-sister-in-law. That's neat! And while I am at it, I think it's worth noting that most of mine & Grant's friends are people we've known for 15, 20 years. They might as well be "family" too.

So, when you get all that family, tossed in with a chance meeting with Jordan Knight and Paul Brandt, you can call yourself blessed. I'm blessed.

No comments: