Monday, March 9, 2009

Jennifer "Stalin" ???

I like rules. I like policy. I like detailed numbered procedures. Structure is great. Organization is wonderful. There should be nothing wrong with that. But according to my brother Corey, I'm Stalin. I'd like to think that's better than Hitler, right?

Corey is staying in the city with Dad and I this week. So I told him about a few rules I have. For example: taking your shoes off at the door and not walking through the place with them on and
my favorite - not using metal cutlery in the new wonderful non stick expensive pans

Then I told Corey that towels were in he closet and he can't use the one that says "Jennifer". Do you even need to guess which towel was in a wet mess on the floor this morning?

I'm getting irritated cleaning up after Dad, so adding Corey in has increased my stress load. He did pick his socks up after I asked him though. Dad told him If he cleaned up after himself and did what I asked, I wouldn't nag. Yeah... like Dad should talk... Those guys are two of a kind.

Last night, I gave Corey triscuits and dip. So what does the kid do?? He dumps the box of triscuits onto the coffee table!!!!! Geez. We have plates. If you asked, I would have brought you one. And triscuits make such a mess with all the little crumbs... I felt like Mom because when he was done eating I put the crackers and dip away, then cleaned up his mess.

Anyways, I also instructed Corey not to write on my white erase board, he can't use the square cups, only the round ones and that he couldn't eat anything without asking in case it might be for a meal. Okay, so that maybe a little crazy, however, I did give him ideas for snacking and things he could eat without asking. It's just I don't want to go to the grocery store to buy more because he's ate it. It's cold and I'm poor.

I probably shouldn't worry anyway, it's mostly vegetables. I doubt he eats those. I think he had to leave the house today because I don't have highly processed foods in the house or sugary juices or soda drinks. He's going to go through major pizza pop withdrawal, I can see that now.

Other than Corey breaking my rules and cleaning up after him, I have to say, I've enjoyed hanging out. We played Wii, watched tv and had a blast just laughing. And as much as Dad is enjoying us, I think it's a little weird for him to have us both here... and asking for money! Haha.

No comments: