Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Jennifer


On Jen's 24th birthday, it seems appropriate that I blog about the day I found out that Mom was expecting her. I was home at lunch at our little house on Bemister...an average day for a first grader. I don't recall the exact words Mom and Dad used to tell me they were having a baby, but I do recall that it was the same day I got a trophy for my participation in gymnastics that year, and I was WAY more excited about the trophy than the new sibling who would soon be arriving.

I don't really remember the day Jen was born...but, I do remember her swinging in a baby swing that probably doesn't meet today's safety codes, and I also remember when she was one week old because I thought that meant she must be soon be getting old enough to play with me...like her first birthday must be right around the corner. I was disappointed when Mom told me that 'one week' and 'one year' were very different ages for a baby.

However, she did eventually become old enough to play with me, and I'm blessed to have such a wonderful baby sister. But I kept that gymnastics trophy just in case it didn't work out.

No comments: