Sunday, May 24, 2009

Moving Home

I moved home to Melfort.

Melfort is a small city in Saskatchewan where once you enter, signal lights, no longer exist. Speed limits are just suggestions and they are two types of drivers: the slow and cautious (a.k.a. the old people) who drive approx. 20km under the speed limit while taking up all the lanes and then's there everyone else.

I have to say, Melfort is not exactly an environment conducive to happiness.

Now, I wasn't thrilled living in Saskatoon cleaning up after Gross(Corey) and Grosser(Dad), but at least, stores were open past 6. And you had choices for ordering pizza or chinese. Saskatoon has multiple bars and shopping centres. Melfort has the Chances 'R' and Main Street. It's just not the same.

The other problem just happens to be how EVERYONE knows what you're doing (even if you don't!). There really is a lack of privacy. I don't know how it's done. If everyone's houses are bugged or what? Maybe the inconspicuous shoppers at Co-op have super hearing or something. I just know, I don't like it.

The only other thing bothering me is the people across the street and 4 houses down. They play the LOUDEST music into all hours of the morning approx 6 out of the 7 days a week. I swear they must deaf if I can hear it 4 houses away and I'm at 30% hearing loss.

It's boring here. And if it wasn't for getting a great job that I love and the 99 cent movie rentals, I might have already lost my mind.

For some reason I keep coming back even though I sometimes hate it here. I guess it's because it's still Home.

No comments: