Sunday, July 5, 2009

Craven Preparations

For those of you who don’t know what this week is, it’s Craven Week! Best week of the year. This week is filled with anticipation for diehards like myself. I think about Craven all year long and enjoy it way more than Christmas.

So this week before I watch the great performers like Clint Black, Trace Adkins, George Strait, Kellie Pickler and Taylor Swift, I am preparing for almost anything.

--> For the chance that if the rain comes, I will fall in mud and not be allowed to cry.

--> For the hoots and hollers I will receive. As well as the requests to see my gigantic busom for free liquor. (Last year, I bartered 8 beer for one peek, and because it’s Craven, it’s ok to be proud of that)

--> For the best meal I will eat all year. Taco in a bag! Crushed chips and a table spoon of ground beef just taste better at Craven.

--> For the inevitable traffic stop, where the cop will stop us, see we’re in Fanny, it’s not kids joy riding in their grandparents car and then not even ask to see our licences. Just let us go…

Despite the preparations, I just love Craven. I love the adventure. I love the anticipation. I love the unknown. I love the music. I love the food. I love the break from life. I love the huge crowd. I love it all!!

Oh, and Angela, I have my rubber boots packed this year and I promise not to leave them unattended.

No comments: