Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our new house. Or, all the stuff I took to the dump today.

Yes, this is our new home.


It's a fixer upper, for sure.

I am looking forward to renovating it, although I know it will be an endless money pit.



Note the cutesy folk-art mailbox. I was going to tear it off until I learned from the neighbor that it was hand-crafted by the former owner's wife who died of cancer. How can I take it down now??


See the sign that says "Every birdy welcome"?

Well, excuse me, not every one is welcome actually, so we took the sign down.




Hubby and dad at the dump - a 1/2 ton full!
Still to come, the "bat cave", the adventures of "what's-in-the-compost-bin", and "how many types of floral curtains ARE there?"

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Ok I check and check your blog for updates then all of a sudden WHAM you have a bunch. Ange we need to see more pics of the new house !