Saturday, October 31, 2009

My name is ... Lisa?

So Jennifer has started calling me Agnes, because she can't type Ange, and she thinks it suits me as an "old" person (hmpf...that's 24 year olds for ya...) ...sometimes I get Michele because I guess I inherited some of my mom's appearance...sometimes Amanda or Andrea instead of Angela. But never, EVER Lisa.

Yes --"Lisa."

Today we were out car shopping. Well, actually truck shopping that turned into truck AND car shopping. Anyway, we went into pretty well all the dealerships, and at one particular one, we introduced ourselves to the saleman, and then went for a test drive.

As we were getting in, my husband whispers to me, "He thinks you're Lisa." I hadn't noticed yet, but sure enough, not once, but twice, on the test drive, he called me Lisa! I didn't have the heart to correct him because he was quite nice and courteous, and well, I wasn't going to buy that car anyway.

When we bought our current car, I started calling it Fanny. It just suits it. It started because we bought the same car as Auntie Faye. I didn't want to insult sweet Auntie Faye by naming my car after her, so I settled for Fanny. And it stuck.

When I signed my life away on the car I bought today (not with the Lisa salesman, but that had nothing to do with that), I decided it needed a suitable name too. Not too flashy, not too granny-ish. Something nice and normal. Maybe even sophisticated.

Like, maybe...Lisa.

No comments: