Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jen's First Kitchen Fire

Today I was making one of Ange's great recipes that she gets from Kraft Canada. In one pan I was cooking the chicken and in a pot on the other burner, I was boiling water. Since I believe in multi-tasking, I was also on facebook and youtube.

All of a sudden I could smell burning. Bad burning. I looked my chicken, swirled it around, it was fine. I look to the other burner and there are flames! Actual 6 inch flames coming from underneath my pot of water.

So what do I do? I know you're wondering! While remaing calm, I try and blow it out. It got bigger. I said to my dad who was on the couch in the other room, "Uhhhh Dad, Help! Help! It's a fire." He thought I was joking. I said "No really, the stove is on fire, should I pour the water on it?" (Please note I know not to throw water on grease fires thanks to volunteering at the babysitters course in 2008). He shot that idea down. So I did what I do: I took a picture, to remember my first kitchen fire by. And maybe to scrapbook, blog or put on facebook.

The fire burnt itself out. Dad didn't have to get off the couch and I survived.

No comments: