Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Girls Night: American Idol, March 3rd edition

First, let me point out I don't watch the show live. I DVR it and watch it later, so hopefully you aren't waiting for my blog. (I don't want to keep my two readers waiting.)

Anyway, can I just say I enjoy seeing Kara's new hairdo every night. I think it's extensions.

Crystal Bowersox - Grant says she is not bad for a burnt out hippie. I am a big fan of the gospel sound, but this is boring me. I predict the judges will love it because of her health problems. Yup - four for ... four. Called that brotha'.

Haeley Vaughn - great song choice. I actually like this version better. The music is too loud for her. The end is kinda falling apart...is this because she's 16? I bet she made that hairband. I too am a big fan of hairbands. Just look at any of my photos age 8 and under.

Lacey Brown - she is NOT Stevie Nicks, so let's hope this is an improvement. Well, bad start but it's improving. Way better than last week.

I feel like all the judges want them to be Adam Lambert, changing up every song. They never made those comments last year.

Katie Stevens - good song choice. Judges will say she didn't take enough risks. I feel not as critical on the girls as I was on the guys. Randy - sweet spot...upper register. Ellen - wants to see younger...no dentist's office music. Kara - frustrated...still waiting. Simon - also frustrated...not telling them who she is as an artist. No one talked about risks. I was wrong.

Didi Benami - I like her...hard to change a song as familiar as Lean On Me - it's been redone to the max. Okay, did she just choke up? Never show your weakness!! But don't worry, Ryan is making her feel all better.

(Jen just called to ask if all these girls suck, or is it just her? It's not just her.)

Michelle Delamor - like a pre-crack Whitney. But not as good a singer. I think Whitney wore that exact dress in a video. Back when MTV had videos.

Lilly Scott - I want to push her down the other side of crap mountain. But keep the 12 string. The judges will eat this with a spoon though.

Katelyn Epperly - I just became a fan. Bonus points 'cause I love the piano.

Paige Miles - what is Simon picking off the floor? Oh, I see. He wants to run away. Me too. She is really good actually, but this song is dreadful. The band is so back-up tape too.

Siobhan Magnus - I dislike her. I dislike her alot. I don't even want to watch her sing. I have to look away. I hate her name. Shouldn't I be able to understand the words? This is a mess. Good lord help me. I would rather have a snuggie. Why are the judges loving it?

No comments: