Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fate screws with Jennifer.

I had plans. Wonderful, glorious plans for the last summer that I will be a student.

Social Services called. Oh, no, not in that way! They want to hire me, well, at least interview me.

I talked to Angela, and that helped. But I want to talk to my Dad. And he’s not currently in the country. I know he’ll be home tomorrow but I’m thinking about this now!!! So in his place, I’ve made lists... Reasons to take the job and reasons not to

Reasons why: money, experience, good for resumes, I’ll be busier, do both if SS will accommodate classes, closer to Brooklyn

Reasons why not: It’s Melfort, I can’t live with Mom, SS is not a division I’m interested in, classes are registered for May, better health in Saskatoon/happier.

Then my Aunty Shannon played the “what’s more important game” which really helped. What’s more important having the experience (in a field and town where I don’t want to work) and money (which is nice, but isn’t a motivating factor) or finishing your degree sooner (which if I don’t take summer classes, I will have to get permission to take extra classes one semester or add one on at the end and that’s not appealing)

I feel like I have some clarity, and a lot of questions for my interviewers...

I shouldn't complain that too many good things happen at once and ruin my other great plans. I'm such a lucky girl!

No comments: