Monday, October 25, 2010

Hip Baby Stores ... Or Not

When you're expecting a baby (or babies) you get to shop at all the cool baby stores. Lots of hip trendy places where they sell the latest must-have items.

Of course, they aren't all trendy.
In my prenatal class, the instructor was telling us about these maternity belly support belts that support your back and your baby bump. With my not-so-great back anyway, and my impending twin baby bump, I thought this was a great idea.
So, I didn't go to Groovy Mama, or Simply Spoiled, or even the baby section at Sears.

I went to Jollys Vet Supply. That's right. Right next to the equine and cattle supplies, you can get maternity support belts. Now, in all fairness, they also sell splints and slings and other medical supplies - for humans.

Now here's a coincidence. As I was telling the lady working that I was buying a larger size than normal because I'm pregnant with twins, she told me she was an identical twin too! What are the chances of that!?
I took that as a sign that this support belt, from the vet store, was meant to be mine!

No comments: