Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hoarding Saves Lives!!

Ok, so I'm known to be a slight hoarder. But just of stuff I might actually truly need. So, I keep receipts in my car. You never know when you'll run out of napkins and tissues, barf and need one to clean your mouth or when you'll have a nose bleed.

Ok, so receipts are handy in a pinch. I keep them organized in a pile on the floor of the passenger side of my car. Oldest on the bottom, to newest on the top. Judge me all you want, but these receipts came in really handy on Thursday.

With all the melting going on, my windsheild wipers were constantly running and the wiper fluid was a godsend. On my way home from Saskatoon, I couldn't figure out why my headlights were so dim. I could barely see anything. Of course, I go into a panic thinking this is going to be a repair and bunch of money. So I called my wonderful Dad to ask him what he thought was wrong. He said Clean your headlights. You know how your windsheild was dirty, your lights are too. Hallelujah!!

So I took a handful of receipts, pulled over and used them dry to wipe off the lights. But knowing if I just had something wet, it would be so much more effective, I took a clean receipt, stuck it to my tongue and spitwashed my headlights.

And that's how hoarding saved my life.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I just have to leave a note for this one....most people use snow not spit and if you just use a pile of snow you don't have to dry them off afterwards. It does the trick and now you can get rid of the extra reciepts :)