Sunday, April 17, 2011

Goodbye is never easy...

As I embark on a new part of my life (finishing my degree) and move out on my own, I am in kind of weird place. I feel like deja vu. I'm certain I'm living the life I had five years ago but with better hair, clothes and car. I lived with Ange while I went to school. Did that in 2005-2006 and 2010-2011. When I finished school in 2006, I went to Nipawin. And now in 2011, I'm headed back to Nipawin. I've spent 30,000 and used 3 years of life, only to get back to where I started... So obviously, I need to make some changes. January 1st, I gave up McDonald's for the year, and so far it's good... except the ice cream, which doesn't count because it's ice cream. There is special New Year's Resolution policy that exempt ice cream. Now I'm giving up clothes. I lost a GIANT rubbermaid bin of clothes once for two years and never noticed. Today I found more clothes under my bed that I didn't remember I had. At my new apartment, I have a walk in closet. It's almost filled with 1/3 of my clothes. Did I mention I have clothes that are a year old and still have tags too?? So, for the month of May, I am giving up clothes shopping. I will not buy any clothes. Not even if they are 85% off and reduced to 99 cents. While I go through the grieving process for McDonald's, new clothes and a lifestyle of school which I have grown to love, I thought I should really challenge myself and give up soda. YES, you read that right. No pop ALL SUMMER!!!!!! Which reminds me, I should go google aspartame withdrawal symptoms... This won't be pretty. But I'm pretty sure it will make for good blogging once the shakes set it!!

No comments: