Friday, April 15, 2011

My New Life Goal: Getting Stuff for Free

Now that I have had a son, I have gone into full-blown mommy mode which includes cutting coupons and getting good deals. Okay, that has nothing to do with Levi, because I always loved getting good deals and I have always cut coupons, but a new TV show has inspired this to a new level of consciousness. That show is Extreme Couponing. People on this show buy $800 worth of groceries and pay $4.53. Seriously. The other day Jen and I went to Walmart and I had an extreme coupon moment. I bought three cleaning products for $2 each ... if I bought three, I had a $5 off coupon, so I paid $1 for all three products. The adrenaline rush I felt was similar to when I saw the pregnancy test turn positive. I went home with my 33 cent dishsoap, happy as can be. Until I went to get the dishsoap out of the cupboard. It wasn't there. It wasn't under the sink; it wasn't in the downstairs pantry; it wasn't in either hall closet. I searched high and low!! No where to be found! I thought maybe it fell out of the shopping cart, or Grant put it somewhere that I would never look. Three weeks went by. I thought maybe I would never find my almost-free dishsoap. I had since went and bought a giant bottle of Palmolive that could NOT get lost. Until Jen started packing to move out. Jen: (Hilarious laughter) Ange! You are going to love this! Ange: Be quiet or you'll wake up Levi. Jen: No, seriously, you are going to love what I found! (Opens bag that she found in the trunk of her car.) Ange: IT'S MY DISHSOAP! Not unlike an archeological dig, Jen sometimes hoards stuff in her car and cleans it out once a year, finding all kinds of buried treasure in the meantime. Including my leftover groceries! So, now I have more dishsoap than I'll use in probably 3 months. But more importantly, I am not only a mom, but an extreme couponer in training!

No comments: