Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Painful Conversation!!

Here is what a facebook chat conversation with my sister looks like on a typical night:

Jen: Remember when cd's were sold in those big plastic long things?
Ange: Uh, no. Long things?
Jen: they went around the cd completely and then were like long, like double the length and it was empty.
Ange: I have zero clue what you are talking about.
Jen: I'm trying to find a google image. It was the anti-theft thing that went around the outside.
Ange: ya, I need a visual.
Jen: I can tell.
Ange: hahaha
Jen: I just saw one on tv. It was like a blast from the past. It was before everyone in the movies was plastic surgeried.
(See I'm old too, I say shit like blast from the past.)
Ange: I usually know what you are talking about so I am baffled. Find one? An image?
Jen: yeah, I'm trying. I'll draw one in paint if I have too!
Ange: I can't go to bed until you find one.
Jen: I'm drawing one in paint RIGHT NOW!!! It'll be black instead of clear plastic. I'm emailing it now. Ok, go look.
Ange: kape (This reference requires it's own blog...that will come in the future...)
Jen: anything??
Ange: it's slow...hang on...
Jen: ok
Ange: LOL LOL LOL LOL YAH! Those were at Backstage!! (The mid-90's only music store in Melfort. And still is today is 2011.)
Jen: I know!!!!!
Ange: Oh gawd, that is hilarious. PLEASE blog this. As well as this whole painful conversation. LOL LOL LOL...I can't stop laughing.
Jen: Ok, I will do that right now!
Ange: The paint image makes it even better....hahhahahahaha. To top it off, I had that disc. Why were these on TV? I will let you go so you can blog...I need to get to bed anyway. Can't wait to read it.

(It was on tv because I was watching the feature film Empire Records Ange, a classic 1990's movie.)

Here is the paint image I drew for my sister:



(Ange here - why did they stop putting cd's in these? Did people quit stealing? Are cd's not worth protecting anymore? Did the music industry just decide that they should figure out how to keep people from sharing music online instead?)

No comments: