Saturday, March 14, 2009

Jen's Top 10

I've been copying my big sister since I was born, I'm definitely not going to stop now. Mine are in no specific order. And I think they may be surprising...

1. Buying Her Roses - Reba. I love Reba. I wanted to be Reba. I almost died trying to get to her concert. If I was a lesbian, I would have wanted to be her lover. I was an 8 year old kid with a serious obsession, I had every tape... magazine, I had everything.

2. Just to See You Smile - Tim Mcgraw. I love the instrumentation on it. It's happy and sad at the same time. And FYI, I'd never leave Tim McGraw.

3. Last Name - Carrie Underwood. I've got served a little bit too much poision, met a guy on the dance, and it got a little crazy. It's like my life. And his first name was... Trent... I think. Haha!

4. Gives You Hell - All American Rejects. I've been listening to this for a month and I'm still loving it. And It's just like yeah, I'm happy, you're still stuck in a shitty life. And so if I ran into Simon when he sees my face, I hope it gives him hell and when some girl treats him nice, she's a fool and it's just as well. Truth be told I miss you, truth be told I'M LYING! Ha

5. Permanent Marker - Taylor Swift. I love the attitude. I'm like that. So if you want
my man you better back the F#$% up. I love almost every Taylor Swift song. There is no studio version of this song, that makes me sad.

6. Tonight - Sara Evans. There was a line in this song that just rang true with me during the breakdown of my engagement. "I've held it all together, as long as I can... I don't want to go home tonight". I sang this song once at a karaoke bar. I rocked it. Notes I didn't think I ould hit and all.

7. The Joker - Steve Miller Band. It's the "Glen" in me. I enjoy almost everything from the Steve Miller Band. He's a genuis and has written a million great songs. Plus, I want to marry a space cowboy.

8.Miranda Lambert - Bring Me Down & Love Your Memory. One of my favorite artists and my favorite hairdancer. If I was famous, I'd be her.

9. She Ain't Missin' Missin' Me - Jason McCoy. This song has a raw feeling to it. I like that. I feel like when I sing it, I'm a badass. I rock out to in the car in the most embarassing way too.

10. Bop - Dan Seals. This probably deserves a post of its own, but It's been my favorite since I was 1 and it was originally released. It's all I would listen to, much to the dismay of my parents and sister.


Runners Up - Alison Krauss - Sleep On, Little Big Town - Live with the Lonesome, Julie Roberts - Wake Up Older, Rascal Flatts -Better Now


This was so hard... There are so many songs I love. This took an hour, but I think it's alright... Until I think of someone else I like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome choices Jen. BOP so deserves to be in there . I have loved that song my whole life.