Monday, December 21, 2009

Managing Your Holiday Shopping

Being the strategic organizer I am (and bossy), it really frustrates me to see people going out shopping three million times and paying for gas and parking all those times and fighting crowds. You know why it's frustrating for me, cuz then they get bitchy and I have to put up with it. Or they get bitchy and accuse me of being bitchy!!! So, here's how you effectively christmas shop:

On Rememberance Day, since you have the day off...
  1. Make a chart. Name, Dollar Amount, Gift, and Store should all be titles.
  2. Write down the names, then how much you want to spend and ideas for gift in the respective columns next to the name.
  3. Once that's done, write down the store where you will find that gift.
Well, look at that, all the places you need to go in a list and all the items you need to buy are there too!!! Perfect.

My secret tip -- color code your list to the malls that each store is in. Purple for Southland, Yellow for Cornwall, Pink for Victoria, Blue for Walmart.

Now, go to those malls the same week as Rememberance day. Buy everything you need.

See your done. Now, you should also notice how you aren't bitchy.

Or, you can do like me, buy everything online and wait for it to come to you. Parking is always available, I can fight the crowds at the post office, my advantage - I'm younger than the people who loiter there by 50 years and I don't need to stop and read the obituaries.

No comments: