Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Um, WHAT?!

We always laugh about the time Grandma told Jen, "your hair looks really good, I almost didn't recognize you." ... of course, Grandma meant that in a GOOD way, but it kinda made it seem like Jen usually looks awful.

Well, tonight I did almost this same thing to my step-sister-in-law. Jaime recently lost 99 pounds. Okay, maybe she's at 100 by now, but the point is, she looks like a different person. In fact, my comment on her Facebook picture was "You look awesome. I had to click on your picture to make sure it was you." Or something to that effect. Um, what? Like she normally DOESN'T look awesome and I couldn't believe she possibly COULD look awesome?? Nice one Ange! Aren't you a professional communicator for a living?!? Way to go with that one!

I went back an hour later after I thought about that comment and tried to explain myself, like an idiot. And Jaime, being as gracious as she is, said she did not take it in a bad way! So Jaime, as I know you read this, congratulations on your achievement, you DO look awesome, and thanks for letting me take my foot OUT of my mouth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jaime, I don't know you, but I creeped your blog, it's inspiring and half the reason i broke out my Jillian Michaels DVD's! - Jennifer

Jaime said...

Thanks Ladies ! I totally make comments like that Ange so I understand. Jen , I creep alot of blogs . Come visit mine anytime.