Saturday, December 4, 2010

Where's the Faith??

So it seems as if my family doesn't exactly have faith in me (Jennifer).

A few weeks ago when the grater (not front end loader) cleaned the street, it made an awful mess on the street where I need to park my car. So I put on my toque and Angela's functional gloves because I all own are fashionable ones, and started moving the snow and ice chunks so my car could park closer to the curb.

Little did I know that inside, Angela, Grant, our Dad, and our cousin Erica, were taking bets on how long I would last outside. While my dad had the least faith thinking I wouldn't last 5 minutes, I lasted 30, with a little help from my favorite brother in law, who came "to help if I lasted ten minutes".

Then last night, I was going through the Regina leisure guide dreaming about all the cool classes I could take if I wasn't severly oppressed as a student. I said to Ange "Hoop It up! I'm taking that its a hula hoop class".

She responded with "Didn't you just almost kill yourself with a hula hoop". My reply? "No, that was different, it was my hip, and that was on Wii, not a real hula hoop".

She didn't even need to look over at me, without missing a beat she just said "Well, wear a helmet".

Feeling jilted, I texted my best friend Krista with what Ange had just said. Her reponse? You probably better".

I guess through the years, I have made my identity being some what of a klutz. And this only leaves me the opportunity to prove them wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was riddled with the same faithlessness u now suffer, but retraining of the faithless comes thru these provings wrong,repeatedly. I say, Go ahead Jen! Prove em wrong!
And by the way, instead of a helmut by a practical fur-lined bomber hat to stay warm, and if u slip back to faithless ways your head won't get bonked too hard! Lol!shani